Macros in the ProConnect NVR are "if / then" programming functions that can be used to automate certain alert and reporting features of the NVR. They can be used to send notifications or email alerts, to activate audible alarms, or security lights via wired relays connected to the recorder.
Email Alerts and Push Notifications for analytics, motion and sensors are set through the Macros function in the ProConnect recorder and sent to the AvertX Connect cloud gateway for delivery. For complete info about how to consult the FAQ "How do I Enable Email Alerts or Push Notifications in AvertX Connect?"
Step 1: Add a Macro:
- Log into your recorder either on the local console or on a web browser using AvertX Connect.
- Go to the Setup menu, and then click the Macros tab on the side menu.
- Click Add a Macro.
- Enter a macro name in the Macro Name field.
- Check the Enable Macro box.
Step 2: Create a Trigger:
- Select the drop down under the Schedule option to modify when a trigger is in effect. For more information on schedules, see the Schedule section of the manual.
- Select Analytics under the Event Class drop down.
- Select the appropriate Event Type in the Event Type dropdown that corresponds with the desired analytic event class.
- Select All or the IP camera in the Source drop down list. If All is selected, all cameras will trigger the macro event.
TIP: You can set up multiple triggers by clicking the Add New Trigger button.
Step 3: Create an Action:
- Select the desired schedule under the Schedule dropdown.
- Select the action type Send to AvertX Connect under the Type dropdown.
- Set the duration of the event to trigger the action in the When Event Duration Exceeds field.
- If an additional action is added they will happen in order and can be dragged and dropped to reorder for priority.
- Click Save to complete macro setup.
Note: You can set up multiple Actions by clicking the Add New Action button.