AvertX is firmly committed to protecting the privacy of our users. AvertX is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not share, sell, or otherwise distribute the financial or personal information of our customers or those who otherwise provide personal information to sample our products, to any other organizations in any way other than what is disclosed in this document.
More than anything, AvertX tries to treat our users as each one of us would like to be treated. We value our privacy and we value yours, too. It is our goal to make your experience with AvertX a safe and positive one.
For instructions on how to contact us, please see the "Contact Us" section below. By using or visiting any AvertX website, including AvertX.com and AvertX Connect, calling AvertX technical support, purchasing product directly from AvertX, and any other means of transferring information from you to AvertX, you accept and agree to our information practices described below.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to us. Examples may include:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions; and
- information collected when you set preferences in Your Account or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere; and
- information collected from the AvertX Connect ready devices including alerts and related information, images, health related data, all other related information.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information regarding you and your interactions with us, your use of our service, applications, sites, tools, and customer service, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service. This information may include:
- your activity on AvertX Connect, such as pages viewed and features frequently used;
- details regarding your interactions with customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and at times the recorded audio of the conversation;
- device IDs or unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address and standard web log information;
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts for you and others, including to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we may use the information we collect for purposes such as sending you e-mails, push notifications or other correspondence concerning our service, including newsletters, messages about new AvertX Connect features, and consumer satisfaction surveys.
We may use information on an aggregated or anonymous basis. For example, we use alert based information to understand how to better improve the AvertX Connect ready devices. Aggregated or anonymous information may be used for a variety purposes not explicitly set forth in this policy.
Disclosure of Information
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide infrastructure and IT services, to optimize our service, to process and limit fraud in connection with credit card transactions or other payment methods, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service). In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Aggregate or anonymous information: We may provide analysis of and information from or about our users in the aggregate or otherwise in anonymous form to partners, Service Providers and other third parties.
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, simply unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe options on the email. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
You can opt in to receive device related push notifications from AvertX. These include reports, health information and other similar information. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can edit these notifications from the User Notifications section on the AvertX Connect site.
Right to Access Your Information
We give you access and the ability to update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information and your communication preferences in the "My Account" portion of our website. You must be signed in to access "My Account." If you have a question regarding our privacy practices, or want to exercise your rights regarding your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AvertX uses reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. For example, we utilize Secure Sockets Layering, an industry-standard protocol for certain of your transmissions to us, in order to encrypt certain personal information that you send to us through the registration and sign up process.
Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using our service, including our website and user interfaces, or providing information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of AvertX’s various services.
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account on various AvertX websites and applications, we implement technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the websites or applications. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box "Remember me" when you login. To remove access to your AvertX account from your devices contact the device manufacturer for specific instructions. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account access information and for restricting access to your computer or device through which you access your AvertX account. Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or AvertX Connect ready device, you should log-out and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information.
Changes to This Policy
Transfer of Information
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by using AvertX’s various services, you acknowledge and agree to the transfer of your information outside your country of residence to any country where we have facilities or engage Service Providers. Your personal information will continue to be protected in accordance with the standards described in this policy.
To find more information about our service and its features, or if you need assistance with your account, please visit the AvertX Resources page (https://www.avertx.com/support). If you are a Primary Account user and need further assistance contact technical support (support@AvertX.com).