Re-image from a bootable USB system recovery drive will wipe all data from the network video recorder (NVR) hard drive and perform a clean installation of ProConnect software. A user may re-image their recorder to solve persistent performance issues, to clean data off a recorder when selling or transferring ownership or as a last resort when the local password is forgotten.
Use this article to determine the current firmware/software and Operating System / Image version for the ProConnect NVRs.
Warning: Performing these steps will delete all recorded video and user settings. If you would like to restore your settings (i.e. camera names and passwords) after the reimage, ensure you have a recent NVR configuration file downloaded.
- Insert the bootable USB system recovery drive into a USB 3.0 (blue) port on the NVR unit.
- Make sure the connected monitor/TV is turned on, and then power on the unit to allow it to boot up/start from the USB drive. It may take several minutes to initiate the boot up sequence. (Alternatively, at the start of the NVR reboot, press the F12 button on the keyboard to load the boot menu and select UEFI USB for the recovery flash drive and hit enter.)
- The recovery wizard for ProConnect will load. Select Continue (NOT Support Tools).
- Three options appear: Factory Reset; Clean OS Update; Upgrade. Select Factory Reset (recommended).
- Accept License Agreement. You will need to type your recorder's serial number, located on the side of your unit. NOTE: The serial number must be entered in all UPPERCASE characters to be accepted.
- After the process completes, click Finish and wait for it to reboot before pulling out the USB drive.
- When complete, consult the Quick Start Guide for your Recorder for instructions on initial system setup and registering the recorder with AvertX Connect Cloud service.
- If you would like to restore your previous settings, follow these instructions to Export and Import the Recorder Config File.