The Configuration file is a small .dat file that contains virtual snapshots of the basic configuration of the recorder, including camera configurations and license information. They can be useful when replacing a recorder or loading a past configuration after performing a system recovery. The Configuration File can save a good deal of time by preventing a manual re-configuration.
One of the advantages of the ProConnect platform is that once it is connected to AvertX Connect cloud service the recorder will automatically send a Configuration File every 7 days to the AvertX Connect account.
Steps for Downloading the Configuration File
- Login to connect.avertx.com.
- Navigate to the Management > Recorders > Recorders menu to the recorder you want download the Configuration File from. Click on the recorder name or the EDIT button.
- Navigate to the date desired and click on Download. The file will be saved to the default download location of your web browser.
Recover a ProConnect recorder:
1. Use the guidance noted in these Config File Import / Export instructions.
- When importing a config file, ensure the software version is equal or lower than the version currently running on the recorder.
- Importing a config file from a newer version into older software has potential to cause instability.
- Major version differences may change database formats and not import correctly.