Re-image from a USB drive will wipe all data from the network video recorder (NVR) hard drive and perform a clean installation of ProConnect software. A user may re-image their recorder to solve persistent performance issues, to clean data off a recorder when selling or transferring ownership or as a last resort when the local password is forgotten.
Note: USB recovery will require a dedicated USB flash drive with at least 4GB space. The instructions below will only work when creating a bootable USB drive from a Windows-based computers. Please use this link for instructions on a Mac computer.
Warning: Performing these steps will delete all recorded video and user settings. If you would like to restore your settings, follow these instructions to Export and Import the Recorder Config File.
- Download the latest software image using this link:
- Plug the USB flash drive into the PC you will be using to make the recovery media.
- Download the Rufus application from GitHub:
- Run the Rufus executable and click Yes if prompted by Windows to run.
- Click the Select button and browse to the downloaded ProConnect image ISO file (usually located in your Downloads folder).
- The Partition scheme should be set to GPT, and the Target system set to UEFI (non CSM).
- The file system needs to be set to FAT32 in the drop down.
- Compare your Rufus settings to the above image and click Start. Device label and AV.xxxxxxL.iso will vary from the above image based on version of the image.
- You will be prompted with a warning that all data on the USB flash drive will be destroyed, click OK to proceed in creating the recovery media.
- Once complete you can close Rufus and remove the USB flash drive from the PC.
- Insert the USB recovery flash drive into a USB 3.0 (blue) port on the NVR unit.
- At the start of the NVR reboot, press the F12 button on the keyboard to load the boot menu and select UEFI USB recovery flash drive and hit enter.
- The recovery wizard for ProConnect will load.
- Select Factory Reset
- Accept License Agreement. You will need to type your recorder's serial number, located on the side of your unit. NOTE: The serial number must be entered in all UPPERCASE characters to be accepted.
- After it done upgrading, click Finish and wait for it to reboot before pulling out the USB drive.
- When complete, consult the Quick Start Guide for your Recorder for instructions on initial system setup and registering the recorder with AvertX Connect Cloud service.