- Shutdown the NVR from the unit’s menu. Setup > Configuration Management > Shut Down > Power off.
- Unplug the NVR unit from the power source.
- On a static-free surface, remove the top cover of the NVR (6 screws total: 2 on top, 2 on either side). After the top cover is removed the hard drive (HDD) tray is visible.
- If there are more than 2x hard drives in the unit, disconnect the SATA cable from the HDD that is being upgraded > then unplug the power cable to the HDD.
- Remove the large Philips-head screw, then slide the hard drive towards the back of the unit to release it from the assembly/hard drive tray.
- Turn the HD tray over and remove the 4 screws from the assembly.
- Reverse order of the steps 5 & 6 to install the new HDD drive
- The HDD will be auto-detected by the HDD when the NVR is powered back on. The new HDD is then formatted and starts recording immediately after the format is complete.
Please note: You may need to purchase Hard drive mounting screws with for this installation, as the hard drives usually do not come with them.