The AvertX Remote on the P2A and P2B series NVR models software requires the ActiveX control. ActiveX is only supported on the Internet Explorer browser.
Mac OS support: AvertX offers an app to view video on a Macintosh computer called AvertX Remote available in the Mac App store.
The AvertX recorder allows access to video using Internet Explorer versions 6 and above.
1. Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2. Type the IP address of the recorder into the Address bar.
3. If you are using the Web Viewer for the first time, you will be asked to accept the installation of ActiveX. Click Yes.
4. Type the User ID and Password of an authorized user.
5. Click Connect to display your cameras.
To Install ActiveX, you will need a Windows XP or newer operating system and Internet Explorer version 6 or above.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options.
2. Click Security.
3. Click Custom Level.
4. Ensure that all ActiveX settings are set to Enable or Prompt.
5. Click OK.
6. Click Trusted Sites.
7. Click Sites.
8. Verify that the check box next to Require Server Verification is cleared.
9. Type the IP address of your recorder in Add This Website to the Zone.
10. Click Add.
11. Click Close.
12. Click OK.