How to setup Analytics Recording to the SD card
Sync time with computer (even if it’s already synced)
- Setup min, max, Detection Area and make sure Intrusion Detection is enabled.
- The yellow boxes are numbered
- Is for Person Detection
- Is for Vehicle Detection
Adjusting Person and Vehicle Detection
Step 1: Choose Person or Vehicle Analytic Regions
The local camera setup menu will load to the Analytics tab by default. Select Person or Vehicle Detection to adjust detection settings.
Step 2: Set Detection Area
Detection area defines the area in an image where Smart Analytics will be performed. Modifying this area can mask out parts of the scene you do not want to trigger a detection event. To adjust the detection area, click a corner point and drag to the new position.
To create a detection area:
- Click on Detection Area.
- Click on the image to set the first point of the detection area.
- Move to the next point and click to set. Repeat to complete the shape.
Step 3: Set Minimum and Maximum Size
Detection boxes are used to set the minimum and maximum sizes of objects you would like to detect using Smart Analytics in the image. To adjust the Min/Max size, click a corner point and drag to the new position.
To create a Minimum (Min) Size detection box:
- Click on Min Size.
- Click and drag a box representing a person or vehicle at the furthest distance from the camera to detect.
To create a Maximum (Max) Size detection box:
- Click on Max Size.
- Click and drag a box representing a person or vehicle at the closest distance from the camera to detect.
Step 4: Set Threshold
[Range 0-10 sec] Threshold is the amount of time, in seconds, a person or vehicle must be detected in the detection area to trigger an event. For example, if threshold is set to 2, an event is triggered when a person or vehicle has been detected for 2 seconds.
TIP: AvertX recommends a threshold of 0-1 for most scenes.
Step 5: Set Sensitivity
Range [1-100] The value of the sensitivity defines how sensitive the system is to objects which can trigger events.
- Setting the sensitivity too high can result in increased false alerts.
- Setting the sensitivity too low can result in missed events.
TIP: AvertX recommends a sensitivity range of 85 to 95 for person and vehicle detection accuracy in most scenes.
- Make sure Arming schedule is correct
- Setup Linkage Method
- Notify Surveillance Center = Send Analytics Event Data to the recorder
- Upload to Memory Card/NAS = Uploads to a third party NAS
- A1 = Triggers alarm Event (This is the one you need to have analytics recorder to the SD card.)
- Setup Schedule
- Important Note (Make sure to enable the recorder schedule because you can create the schedule without enabling it. This will make it look correct at first glance)
- Format Card and set desired ratio of pictures and footage.
If you have done everything correctly, Analytics will show up as an alarm event on the timeline almost immediately.