Adding a camera configured to use the RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) pulls a stream directly from the camera. This method can be used for adding non-ONVIF cameras using the h.264 format to the ProConnect recorder.
- RTSP offers more control of multi-lens cameras by allowing specific selection of a channel or profile.
- ONVIF can provide greater functionality and interoperability.
- Configuring cameras as ONVIF is the recommended protocol on AvertX products, whenever possible.
Adding a camera as RTSP
- Add a camera to the ProConnect NVR before configuring it to use RTSP.
- After entering the camera username, password, and IP address, set the Protocol to RTSP.
NOTE: Do not enter in a port unless it has been changed from the default RTSP port (554).
- After RTSP is selected, a new menu will appear below.
- Enter the Camera Name and corresponding RTSP URLs. For more information on RTSP URLs, visit the manufacturer's reference site or this list of RTSP URLs.
- Click Save or Save and Add New if other cameras will be added.