Local account password reset options for a ProConnect NVR
Note: AvertX Technical Support Pro Team cannot change or reset local administrator or user passwords for a ProConnect network video recorder (NVR).
If the NVR's local user password (i.e. admin) has been forgotten or lost or a local user password needs to be changed, follow the steps below if the NVR meets the following criteria:
- The NVR is connected to the internet.
- The NVR was previously registered to the AvertX Connect cloud service and is available to Connect.
- The firmware version is on 2.4 or above.
- The AvertX Connect account has Administrator privileges.
- Login to connect.avertx.com through a web browser and connect to the NVR.
- Click the gear icon and select the Settings menu:
- Select the Local Users tab across the top of the Settings menu
- Select the local user account that needs a password change.
- Select Change Password. Ensure the password meets the strong password criteria.
If your NVR doesn't have access to the internet or the AvertX Connect cloud service, it will need a system default to recover the local System Administrator (admin) account. This can be accomplished by using the internal system recovery article.
Please contact the AvertX technical support team with any questions.