How to do an Internal System Recovery on a ProConnect
An internal system recovery will use software files residing on the ProConnect network video recorder (NVR). The internal recovery resets the operating system to its default. Existing video footage will be kept. Existing cameras may be loaded as “orphaned” but one can restore settings by following these instructions to Export and Import the Recorder Config File.
NOTE: If a full factory default is needed, where configurations are reset and existing video footage is deleted, the instructions are provided here.
- Ensure a keyboard, monitor or TV, and mouse are plugged into the recorder.
- Reboot the recorder and begin pressing the ESC button on the keyboard when a countdown is present in the top left of the screen
- If the unit boots into the BIOS (instead of the Boot Manager), re-initiate the boot option, press ESC when the countdown appears, and select the NVR OS Recovery x64 if presented as an option.
- Once in Recovery, there will be an option to launch Support Tools or Continue. Select Continue.
- Enter the Serial Number of the recorder. The Serial Number is located on a sticker on the side of the Recorder. Letters must be entered in UPPERCASE. Confirm.
- Click on Continue after the License Agreement.
- When you accept and hit continue it will start the System Recovery.
- Once it is done, the Finish page appears. Click on Finish.
- When the recorder re-boots, log in with the default username: admin and password: 1234.
- Complete the First Time Wizard just like the first time it was powered on by referencing the Quick Start Guide for the respective model.
If any errors are experienced while completing the system recovery, contact the AvertX tech support team.