Note: Currently, camera firmware upgrades cannot be done directly from the console of the ProConnect NVR, through a MAC/Apple computer or through the AvertX Connect portal.
1. On a Windows-based computer on the same network as the ProConnect NVR, download the firmware file from the AvertX.com Support Downloads website. NOTE: The file downloads in a compressed/.zip format. The file must NOT be extracted/unzipped.
2. Open a web browser from a Windows-based computer and type in the IP address of the NVR. The IP address can be found by going to Setup>Networking>Adapters>Internet... the IP is on the far right of the Internet adapter.
3. Log into the NVR with the local admin credentials versus through an AvertXConnect account.
4. Click on Setup>Cameras>click on the camera that will have the firmware upgraded.
5. Under Camera Information on the top right side of the General Tab click on the underlined IP Address link.
6. The login account is "admin" and the password is "1234" by default. You may choose NOT to change the password, so click on the Off option as soon as you log into the camera.
7. Click on Setup.
8. Menu options appear on the left side of the screen. First select Common>Basic Info to view the current Firmware Version. Compare it with the AvertX.com Support Downloads option to confirm an update is needed.
9. Click on System>Maintenance>Firmware Upgrade>Browse... icon to navigate to where the firmware file has been stored.
10. Once the file is selected, click on Upgrade.
11. Wait while the camera upgrade (several minutes) and a green check mark appears signaling the firmware upgrade was successful.
12. Repeat steps 4-8 to confirm the firmware was upgraded.
If the firmware version displayed is still the old version, please contact the Pro Team for further assistance.