What is a ProConnect power drain cycle?
- A power drain cycle is a process to remove all electrical power from the recorder to clear or refresh memory and hardware components.
Why perform a power drain?
- Recorder does not power up.
- Cameras attached to the NVR's power-over-ethernet (POE) ports appear to not be connected or working correctly.
- NVR isn't connecting to the network or internet, and issues have been confirmed with this network diagnostics article.
How to perform a power drain cycle
- If the NVR is in operation, refer to this article to perform an orderly shut down / Power Off of the recorder.
- Disconnect the power cord at the back of the NVR.
- While disconnected, flip/press the unit into the On position, or press the power button in front of the unit, and keep it pressed for an entire minute. The recorder will attempt to turn on, but without a source of power the process will drain the charge of all components within the system.
- Once this is done, move the unit back into the Off position and plug it back in, before turning it On once more.
- If the recorder does not power back up, there may be a hardware fault. Contact Tech Support.