Note: This is For the P2A/P2B models only
There are two menu modes, most advanced user setup options are only available in Advanced mode. Once you switch, Advanced mode will persist until you switch back to Basic mode.
To switch from Basic to Advanced mode in the recorder setup menu:
- Click System and set Basic/Advanced Setup Mode to Advanced.
How do I access my network information?
For any remote access, you will need to know the basic network information for your recorder. Follow these steps to detemine the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default Gateway (which is the router address) of your recorder.
- P2A/P2B Model
1. On the Menu screen, click Network.
2. Click LAN Setup. Confirm that DHCP is set to On.
3. Set Network Restart to On.
4. The following information will appear:
- IP Address*
5. Close LAN Setup.
6. Right-click to return to the Main menu.
7. Right-click again to return to the Live screen.
- PS Model
1. On the Menu bar, click Setup.
2. Click System Setup.
3. Click Network Setup.
4. Click General Settings tab. Confirm that DHCP is set to On.
5. Set Network Restart to On.
6. The following information will appear:
- IP Address*
7. Close Setup to return to the Live screen.
* NOTE: If the IP address is showing as 169.254.x.x this is what is called an APIPA configuration and is invalid and will not show on your network.
Please ensure the cable is plugged into the router/modem and is firmly seated. Then repeat steps 1 through 7 for your model of recorder.
If the Network Restart continues to give you an APIPA configuration, Please, contact AvertX Customer support or call our Pro Team at 855.228.3789.