Audio is available through cameras that have audio features and hardware capabilities. Audio communications across a ProConnect network video recorder (NVR) is accomplished through the AvertX Connect mobile app.
Audio communications is not available directly at the NVR console. Video clips with recorded audio can be exported as .mp4 files through the NVR's Search function, and played through a computer media player.
NOTE: We recommend consulting local and regional laws in the appropriate areas regarding audio recording. Many areas have laws restricting or prohibiting audio recording in some or all locations.
To configure and enable audio:
- Log into the ProConnect recorder
- Go to the Setup>Cameras menu
- Click on the camera profile
- Click the "eye icon" next to the password box to reveal the camera’s password
- Take note of the password or highlight and copy with CTRL+C
- Click the IP address of the camera on the upper right side to access the camera’s user interface