Most AvertX cameras manufactured after 2020 do not come with default passwords. When adding the camera, the software will assign a secure password to each camera. If you ever need to change that password, follow these directions.
- Log into your NVR
- Go to Setup menu
- Click on the camera you wish to change the password on.
- Click the eye next to the password box to reveal the
- Take note of the password or highlight and copy with CTRL+C.
- Click the IP address of the camera in the
upper right side.
- Log into the camera and click on Advanced
- Click on User management. Now this may be in a
different spot, depending on the camera model, but all models should have a
user management or security option
- Click on the admin user and click modify
- Enter the new password and click save. You will then be asked to log back into the camera with the new password.
- Close the window for the camera and go back to the Camera Menu in the ProConnect software and edit the password.