Is My Security System Cyber-Secure?
Most major companies' surveillance systems and software are developed outside the United States by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM). Hackers have used vulnerabilities in these manufacturer's IP cameras, recording software and other internet connected devices in recent high-profile cyber-attacks. Even worse, manufacturers are slow to release security updates and patches to fix the problem—some flaws still haven't been fixed.
Here are some recent articles to help educate you on this important security matter:
- Backdoor Confirmed in Product’s from World’s Largest Camera Manufacturer
- Cyber Advisory on Camera and Recorders from the US Department of Homeland Security
- Directory of Affected Video Surveillance Systems
- Cyber Advisory on Large Manufacturer from the US Department of Homeland Security
- Directory of Rebranded Video Surveillance Systems
- Wall Street Journal: Hackers Infect Army of Cameras, DVRs for Massive Internet Attacks
- Krebs on Security: IoT Devices Under Siege
- Cyber Security Online: Hard-Coded Password Exposes Up To 46,000 Video Surveillance DVRs To Hacking
- Forbes: How Hacked Cameras Are Helping Launch The Biggest Attacks The Internet Has Ever Seen
Is AvertX Cyber-Secure?
AvertX developed their systems from the ground-up with cyber security in mind. Here are some of the ways that AvertX keeps your system safe from cyber-threats:
ProConnect recorders don’t require port forwarding, which can compromise your network's security
All metadata transferred between the recorder, AvertX Connect, and the remote device are encoded with TLS
What good are updates and patches if they aren't installed? Get alerted of software updates and install them with a click
Multi-Layer Password Encryption
protects user passwords from hackers
Data and video files stored on AvertX Connect are encrypted for an additional layer of security
Customer data is isolated from other customer data, so your data is safe even if another user's data is breached
Cross-Site Request Forgery Prevention
AvertX Connect uses the same techniques banks use to prevent attackers from stealing sensitive account and user data
Every ProConnect software update is scanned for cyber security vulnerabilities before release