Caution: Do not replace your ProConnect HDD without prior approval from AvertX Technical Support.
Caution: Not shutting down the recorder through the software can cause data corruption.
Caution: Electrostatic Discharge damage is not covered under warranty. An anti-static wristband must be worn.
Steps to replace HDDs in any new Embedded units.
- Remove the 3 screws on both the left and right side.
- Remove the 2 screws on the back of the recorder.
- Remove the lid by sliding it towards the back of the unit.
- Identify which HDD is failing.
- Unplug both the power cable and SATA cable (The SATA cables have a retention clip that needs to be pressed down while unplugging.)
- Unscrew the 4 screws that are holding the drive
Pro Tip: Carefully set the recorder face down and hold the back of the recorder between you and your arm. This allows you to brace the HDD with one hand and unscrew with your other hand.
- Carefully line up the new HDD with the mounting hole. Avoid pinching the cables below in blue. The USB cable and ribbon cable needs to go between the HDDs. This is shown in Brown.
WARNING: pinching these cables will void your warranty, and may cause a short.
- Replace the HDD screws that you removed in step 6.
- Replace your lid carefully to insure you don't pinch any cables.
- Replace the 2 screws on the back and the 3 both the left and right side.
- Call Technical Support for assistance with mounting the HDD in the OS.