Email Alerts and Push Notifications for analytics, motion and sensors are set through the Macros function in the ProConnect recorder and sent to the AvertX Connect cloud gateway for delivery. An AvertX Connect account would be needed.
To receive Email Alerts or Push Notifications, you will need to create a Macro on the recorder and then enable alerts on the user's account on AvertX Connect. You will need a valid AvertX Connect account and access to a web browser with an internet connection to complete setup. To receive Push Notifications to a smart device/phone, you will also need the AvertX Connect Mobile app.
Adding a Macro in Your Recorder
Step 1: Add a Macro:
- Log into your recorder either on the local console or on a web browser using AvertX Connect.
- Go to the Setup menu, and then click the Macros tab on the side menu.
- Click Add a Macro.
- Enter a macro name in the Macro Name field.
- Check the Enable Macro box.
Step 2: Create a Trigger:
- Select the drop down under the Schedule option to modify when a trigger is in effect. For more information on schedules, see the Schedule section of the manual.
- Select Analytics under the Event Class drop down.
- Select the appropriate Event Type in the Event Type dropdown that corresponds with the desired analytic event class.
- Select All or the IP camera in the Source drop down list. If All is selected, all cameras will trigger the macro event.
TIP: You can set up multiple triggers by clicking the Add New Trigger button.
Step 3: Create an Action:
- Select the desired schedule under the Schedule dropdown.
- Select the action type Send to AvertX Connect under the Type dropdown.
- Set the duration of the event to trigger the action in the When Event Duration Exceeds field.
- If an additional action is added they will happen in order and can be dragged and dropped to reorder for priority.
- Click Save to complete macro setup.
Note: You can set up multiple Actions by clicking the Add New Action button.
Enabling Alerts in AvertX Connect
- To enable email or push notification alerts to specific users, go to connect.avertx.com and Login.
- Click on Manage Users in the Main Menu.
- Click on the user you wish to receive alerts.
- In the User Profile, select Receive by Email or Receive by Push Notification (or both) for Health, Motion, Sensor or Vehicle and Person Detection Alerts.
- Click Save to complete. The user will now receive alerts.